At the time of adoption, you will be required to complete an adoption agreement. The terms and conditions below are what you will be agreeing to.
Adoption Fees: Adoption Fees must be paid in full at the time of adoption using the methods of cash or cheque. These fees go part way to cover the costs of the animal and centre. Adoption fees are as follows -
All Dogs £250
Cats and Kittens £50,
Equines from £300
Other animals vary depending on size, please ask for more information.
Any animal over 10 years old donation of adopters choice
Terms and conditions of adoption
- I have considered all aspects of pet ownership including the costs of insurance, veterinary fees, feeding and grooming and I am prepared to accept the personal and financial responsibility of ownership. I also have the time to give proper exercise and undertake any training that is needed.
- I confirm that this animal is being adopted as a family pet and will live inside the home as a member of the family and not be chained or kenneled outside. It will be provided with adequate water and will wear an identity tag at all times.
- I agree to register this animal with a qualified vet, will maintain a vaccination and worming programme in accordance with veterinary guidelines and understand that it is my responsibility to pay for all necessary treatments from the date of adoption.
- I understand that due to the unknown history of this animal there can be no guarantees against any hereditary defects, conditions or illness and agree that Greenacres cannot be held liable for any future treatment costs.
- I understand that I am solely responsible for keeping the adopted animal under proper control and accept full responsibility for the animal and its actions. I am aware that animals can occasionally cause damage and agree that Greenacres are not responsible for any actions of the animal once it is in my care.
- I agree to contact Greenacres immediately should any behavioral problems arise and will work with them and/or a behaviorist to try and rectify any problems.
- This animal is not to be passed to another owner or rescue centre without Greenacres prior consent in writing and, should I chose, or be unable, to keep this animal for any reason I will return it to Greenacres Rescue.
- I understand that if any of the terms and conditions are broken, then Greenacres or their authorised representatives have the absolute right to remove the animal from my care and there will be no refund of adoption fees for any animal so returned.
- I agree that Greenacres may retain the contact information that I have supplied for the purpose of contacting me from time to time.
- If the animal is too young to be neutered at time of adoption, I agree to have this done at the earliest opportunity. (We advise 6 months of age).
I certify the information I have given is true and realise that any misrepresentation will result in my losing the privilege of adopting the animal.
Greenacres will never share your details with any other individual, organisation or company without your express, written, permission.
We may contact you by email, so please make sure that our main email address, email@example.com is added to your allowed list… and check your inbox regularly!